Windmiller Equine Veterinary Services
Windmiller Equine strives to provide the best in medical and dental care with our unique approach to customer service. We have a genuine desire to make your veterinary experience pleasant, educational and informative. Our first goal is to keep your horse healthy through a targeted wellness and preventative care program. In the event of an accident or illness, we will offer practical solutions that consider many factors including cost, patient tolerance for treatment and likely treatment outcomes so that you can make the most informed decision for your horse. We will always take time to answer any questions you may have.
Wellness & Preventative Care
Regular veterinary care is integral to keeping your horse healthy and happy. We offer annual wellness exams, vaccinations, fecal floats and customized deworming programs, health certificate exams, Coggins testing, and more!
- Part of the preventative program is dental care throughout your horse's life. Windmiller Equine offers full dental exams with a speculum and power-floating to ensure your horse's oral health.
- Lameness is one of Dr. McPherson's special interests and passions. The soundness and performance of your equine athlete is a crucial part of keeping you in the saddle and enjoying your horse. The lameness evaluation is a three part process of localizing the lameness, identifying causes of the lameness, and treating the lameness. Windmiller Equine offers diagnostic blocking, digital radiography (x-rays), ultrasonography and a multimodal approach to treatment to get your horse back to work safely and quickly.
Ophthalmic Care (Eye)
- Ophthalmology (eye medicine) is another of Dr. McPherson's passions. Your horse's eyes are critical to their ability to perform and for daily tasks such as navigating and interacting with their environment. With experience diagnosing and treating eye diseases from ulcers to uveitis, Dr. McPherson offers comprehensive evaluations of the eye and works to create individualized treatment plans best suited for horse and owner.
Reproduction & Neonatal Care
- Foals are always exciting for owners and yet a lot of time, attention, and management goes into ensuring a healthy mare and baby. Windmiller Equine offers broodmare evaluations, management of broodmares and artificial insemination, as well as neonatal exams.
- Windmiller Equine offers castrations, laceration repair, and other minor field surgeries.
- Emergencies are frightening and ensuring prompt and quality care is our primary goal. Common emergencies seen are colic, severe lameness, lacerations, and eye injuries. Dr. McPherson is available for 24/7 emergency care for current clients. Emergency service is available for new clients as availability permits.
Photos by Kelsey Brunner and Windmiller Equine